Monday, June 21, 2010

...and the temperature was 48 C (118.4 F)

The heat was just unbearable today!!

Cant believe I grew up in this weather, or maybe it is the result of 15 more years of global warming, whatever the reason may be... its extremely hard to bear... especially when I have to walk in the harsh sun for hours, going door to door to meet the women I am interviewing.


Most of the villages I am travelling to do not have streets wide enough for cars. We reach a certain point where the road ends and one has to walk for a while in narrow alleys or through wide fields to get to the right home.



I interviewed over 20 clients today going door to door, which is normally a lot of fun for me, but today the temperature reached 48 C, the water I took with me got finished and there was no bottled water, juice, etc in the small village shops. By the time we got back after hours of walking under the sun, I felt sooooo nauseous, dehydrated, my cheeks burning, couldn't even see clearly. It was a BADDDDD day. And to make it worse tomorrow's forecast is not very pleasing either.. :(:(:(

5 comments:

  1. Good luck dear, stay hydrated! Thats most important! I'll be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a question: Do people there think you have an American accent? Also, I am really sorry about the heat. It makes me less likely to complain about being so cold, though I am very cold. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia, please take care of yourself and make sure that you keep water with you at all times. I'm sorry today wasn't a good day, but tomorrow will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wishes, I appreciate it.
    Rebecca, YES! people do think my accent has gone from British to American. The funny thing is that my coworkers think that my urdu(Pakistan) has an accent to it as well.

    ReplyDelete