Friday, July 30, 2010

Death Well Show


I remember going to see these Maut ka Kooan (death well) shows in shabby wood-panelled temporary wells with my father when I was young. A few times I have been so scared especially when I saw a show with one car and three motorbikes in the well. The walls were so fragile that they would shake consistently as the car drove on the walls.



I was passing this festival when I saw the signs and you all cant imagine my excitement, especially because I get to show my children one of the fun/scary things I have experienced in my childhood. The worst part this time was getting up on the side of the well. These were the shabbiest stairs with no side railing and huge gaps in between. I climbed every step remembering David's adventure on the staircase in the House of Shaws (in Kidnapped by R.L.Stevenson).


No comments:

Post a Comment