Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gwadar International Airport

We all know about Gwadar's strategically important geographical location. I have been hearing about the interest of so many international players in this deep sea port, loads of foreign direct investment especially from China, and not to forget many Pakistani Americans including our friends who invested in Gwadar's housing schemes, thus I considered myself lucky to be visiting this small fishing town along the Makran Coast.

Firstly, no direct flights to Gwadar from Lahore, only from Karachi that goes twice a week in the mornings. I had to fly to Karachi last night to take today's flight to Gwadar. And that is the worst part of going to Gwadar...there is no time efficient way for this travel. 



Getting into the ATR plane from Karachi to Gawadar...


Arrived in Gwadar, walking from ATR to the airport entrance...








Gwadar International Airport... the smallest airport I have seen ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment